Having come through the distractedness of the Christmas and New Year seasons, however hard we seek it, it can be difficult to regain a sense of balance and peace in your life. A day spent in the quiet, peaceful Presence of God and in the prayerful presence of other seekers can help.
Centering Prayer is a method of prayer which has God’s silent presence and action in our lives at its core and is founded deeply on the wisdom of Jesus.
‘But when you pray, go into your inner room, close the door and pray to your father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like the pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Matthew 6 5-13
Elements of the retreat:
- The retreat has at its core the practice of Centering Prayer but there will also be times of reflection and gentle movement.
- It’s suitable for those who are experienced in using the Centering Prayer method and for those who are opening to it for the first time.
- The venue for the retreat is the wonderful buildings and grounds of Clongowes Wood College in Clane.
- The retreat starts at 10 am and finishes at 4pm with breaks for morning refreshments and lunch (Soup and Sandwiches).The contribution towards the retreat is €15.00 for those who have it – ALL are welcome
- The retreat is being hosted by the Clane Parish Centering Prayer Group which meets each Saturday morning at 10.45am.
For more information on the group, the retreat or to confirm your place on the 25th of January please call or text John at 087 2466892.